Type-0011, codenamed "Death," (デス) is a large brutish zombie which served as the one-man security force of the abandoned EFI Research Facility featured in The House of the Dead III. Death is always the first boss, and a rematch with Death will take place either in stage 2, 3, or 4, depending on which path you take. Death is a huge mutant that wields a club made from human skulls. He wears a security guard's hat and coat; fittingly, he is tasked with the job of defending the building's key areas. He is generally considered the secondary main antagonist of the game.
Death is first seen at the end of the prologue, where he uses his club to kill (or at least knock out) Dan and severely injure Rogan. The beast is seen properly in the first main level (after the prologue), where he climbs out of the ground and chases Lisa Rogan and G into the main building whilst trying to smash them with his weapon. They manage to fend him off by continuously shooting him in the head, eventually injuring him enough to give them time to escape. The pair dive into a lift just before Type 0011 can reach them and quickly travel to a different floor.
The club-wielding juggernaut returns later on as Lisa and G enter the Information Systems Department. Lisa accidentally triggers an alarm and alerts Death, who pursues them once again through a number of lengthy corridors. The agents hurt Death several times in the level before escaping from him, gradually losing the boss as they run into separate rooms. Death finds them again and resumes attacking, but the pair manage to escape yet again as they continue deeper into the building. However, the boss eventually finds them and traps them in a long corridor, preparing to finish them off once and for all. After Lisa and G fire their last shots into his skull, Type 0011 finally dies from his injuries and collapses, never to rise again.
The mutagen greatly increases the height of a human test subject transforming him into a hulking, monstrous abomination. Recognizing his outfit, he supposedly was a security guard during his human life. In terms of physicality, height and abnormally increased muscle mass, or hypertrophy, aid the beast in delivering mayhem wherever he goes with his giant human skull-covered club. The giant skulls must have been the skulls from past experiments of Death as to this being Type 0011. Not only do his muscles allow him to carry a large blunt weapon but also provide immunity to ammunition as well as shotgun shells. His head however is small in size which makes sense to be the beast's main weak point as that is where his brain might be. Although, the giant club he carries makes it difficult for the attacker to aim precisely so it is best to keep firing rapidly.
- The creature's way of charging at the player(s), how he crashes through walls, and the dying actions (spins around lightly then collapses) are similar to the boss Strength in the second game and the bosses Justice and Empress in the fourth game. Their heads also serve as their weak points, except Justice which is more specific, the tongue.
- Death's head changes quite frequently throughout the battle. Upon the first few shots to his weak point, (the head), his hat will fall off. If his head is further damaged, it begins to turn orange/red, presumably with blood.
- Death is the only boss in The House of the Dead III to be fought twice.
- Despite the immense health of the series' final bosses, Death is perhaps the hardest to kill. He chases Lisa and G through two levels, takes possibly hundreds of shotgun rounds to the head, and is still able to pursue them with little problem.
- Death appears in the Graveyard Gig track in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed admiring a painting on the second lap, shortly before the room with The Lovers.
- Brutus from Treyarch's zombie map "Mob of the Dead" is somewhat similar to Death. They are both members of security, attack the protagonists with a club, are covered in chains and grey rotting skin, don't stop pursuing the characters until they drop dead and have their head as a weak point.
- Death was seen on the front cover, behind the crowd. He also appears on the cover of Typing of The Dead, behind the zombies.