Firearms are the main weapons of the House of the Dead series. ALL weapons (and models) will be listed here, to keep it organized.
The main weapons of the first two games, and a minor one on Overkill.
- Unidentifiable models - The main weapons of House of the Dead 1. Due to low graphic levels, they are hard to identify, but Rogan's pistol seems to resemble a Glock 36, while G's resembles a M1911. That is still up for debate, though. Both hold 6 bullets in each chamber.
- HK Mk.23 - The weapons in House of the Dead 2. All AMS agents (Harry, Amy, James and Gary) use them in stainless steel. These use 6 bullets, but can be modified to hold up to 14 in the Original Mode of House of the Dead 2+3 Returns.
- AMS Magnum - Used in Overkill, used by G and Issac, both hold 12 bullets defult. Despite being a magnum, it is rather weak, due to it being the first weapon. Can be modified in-game for better power, more bullets, faster reload time and so on. Issac carrys 2 in game, unless a map in played in 2-player, where he is forced to use only one. A mix between a Desert Eagle and a Berreta M9.
- Beretta M9/92FS - Seen on the cover of House of the Dead Overkill, but not used in game. Held by G.
Shotguns are used only in House of the Dead 3 and Overkill. They are devestating at any range, so they must use slugs as main ammunition in-game.
- SPAS-12- Used in House of the Dead 3 with no folding stock, a smaller pump and a 6 shell capacity, rather than 8. Used by G and Lisa in the main portions of the game, Daniel in the end and Rogan and Dan Taylor at the prologue. Also used by Candi and Varla in the PS3 Move edtion of House of the Dead Overkill.
- Benellii Nova - Called the "Pump-Action Shotgun" in-game, only used in Overkill. Lethal in close range, good for Goregasems, but slow to fire and reload.
- Benelli M3 Super 90 - The "Semi-Auto" in Overkill. Almost the same as the Nova, but with a faster firing rate.
- Remington 870 - Seen on the cover of Overkill, but not used. Held by Washington.
Sub-Machine Gun/Assualt RifleEdit
A Sub-Machine gun is used in HOTD 4 and Overkill, and a Assualt Rifle. The assualt rifle is sorted here for convinience.
- Steyr TMP - Is used in both 4 and Overkill. In HOTD 4, it is used by James and Kate, holding 20 rounds and is heavily modified. In Overkill, it looks the same as it should, holds 20 rounds again and is used by G and Issac, thought this is on the choice of the player. Called the "Sub-machine gun".
- IMI Uzi - (uncomfirmed) Used by G in the House of the Dead 4 Special.
- HK XM8 - Experimental "Assualt Rifle" used in Overkill. High rate of fire, very powerful, but very inacurate. Used by G and Issac in the final level, regardless of what the player acutally chooses.
Any other weapon used that doesn't belong anywhere else.
- S&W 500/Taurus Raging Bull - The main magnum in House of the Dead Overkill. Really strong 6 shot capacity, but kick is massive. Called the "Handcannon".
- GAU-19 - A Minigun. Used in the final battle of House of the Dead Overkill, where a "missing reel" joke reveals that G and Issac found them lying around. Can be bought after Extended Cut is cleared. It has an unlimited ammo capacity, but if used too much in an instant, it will overheat, rendering the user defensless until it cools down.
- Crossbow- Apparantly used in Overkill Extended Cut. Has 3 arrows per reload, but reloads slowly.