This is state of the art horror - Tagline
House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn is an upcoming instalment in the House of the Dead series. It is the sequel to The House of the Dead 4, and the second prequel instalment in the series. It was announced by SEGA Interactive on January 14, 2018, and follows the fictional events of December 6, 2006, three years after the events of "The House of the Dead 4"
Three years after The House of the Dead 4, after receiving a movement from "Code R", the AMS dispatches James Taylor's former partner, Kate Green, and his younger brother, Ryan Taylor on an undercover mission at a dinner party within Scarecrow’s Mansion. However, "The Mystery Man" (who debuted in The House of the Dead III) begins to unleash his own army of creatures upon the dinner guests, and soon the world.
- Chapter 0 : Scarecrow's Palace
- Chapter 1 : Kate and Ryan
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
<More information coming soon...>
Following a 12-year hiatus on the franchise, House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn was announced by SEGA Interactive on January 14, 2018. The game will run on Unreal Engine 4 within an enclosed "deluxe" cabinet, which will utilize vibrating seats and motion sensors. A preliminary location test will be held at the SEGA Akihabara Building 3 in Tokyo, Japan from January 19 to the 21st. SEGA released a promotional website as promotion featuring gameplay screenshots.
Civilians will return, along with the "Rescue Mechanic" from The House of the Dead III. Multiple weapons can be equipped, including shotguns and grenade launchers. In one of the two stages shown at the location test, the Chariot from the original House of the Dead returns as a boss. During JAEPO 2018, Sega released an official trailer for the game, revealing new scenes, including the confirmation of a new boss. Sega held the 2nd location tests, which takes place in Round One Arcade, Yokohama on March 3rd to March 5th and later in Rakuichi Rakuzen Arcade, Kawaguchi on March 16th to March 18th. On July 9th 2018, another location test, featuring new stages, enemies and bosses were held in three places: High-tech Land Sega in Shibuya, Sega Tokyo Dome City, and Sega Shinjuku Kabukicho. It's also been confirmed on the same day that Takashi Oda is directing "Scarlet Dawn".
- House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn is the first House of the Dead series to be released in the 2010s. The last House of the Dead game before "Scarlet Dawn" is The House of the Dead: Overkill in 2009.
- Excluding "Overkill", "House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn" is also the first canon installment in the franchise to released in 2010s, after "The House of the Dead 4", in 2005
- Unlike past installments, which indicates Player 1 in Red and Player 2 in Blue, the color for Player 1 and Player 2 is switched.
- For some reason, the name of the game has dropped the "The" from "The House of the Dead" title.
- Neither does the Reload sound nor its corresponding sprite appear in the demo.
- "House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn" has similarities to "The House of the Dead 4":
- Both games featured a "veteran" character and a "rookie" character (James Taylor is the veteran and Kate Green is the rookie in 4, while Kate is the veteran and Ryan Taylor is the rookie in "Scarlet Dawn").
- Both games featured "the ground shaking" during the opening cutscene.
- Both games introduced the Player 2 character first (Kate Green in both 4 and "Scarlet Dawn").
- Both games featured a "glass scene"; zombies breaking through the glass during the opening chapter.
- The second chapter in both games begin with a flashback sequence.
- Both games utilize machine guns, however House Of The Dead 4 uses a lightweight Uzi (ingame the model is based on a modified Steyr TMP) where as Scarlet Dawn features a standard assault rifle like gun based on the Heckler and Koch MP7.
- ↑ http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/664/1664660/
- ↑ http://arcadeheroes.com/2018/05/31/sega-confirms-house-of-the-dead-scarlet-dawn-for-a-western-release/
- ↑ segabits.com/blog/2018/01/18/house-of-the-dead-scarlet-dawn-location-test-footage-hits-the-net-looks-amazing/
- ↑ https://hod.sega.jp
- ↑ segabits.com/blog/2018/01/14/house-of-the-dead-scarlet-dawn-announced-for-arcades/
- ↑ https://hod.sega.jp/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1383719155067386&id=171238962982084
- ↑ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf5gnOMTaGU
- ↑ https://hod.sega.jp