This is the cutting edge of fear - Tagline
House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn is an upcoming installment in the House of the Dead series. It was announced by SEGA Interactive on January 14, 2018, and follows the fictional events on December 6, 2006, three years after the events of "The House of the Dead 4"
Three years after The House of the Dead 4, after receiving a movement from "Code R", the AMS dispatched James Taylor's former partner, Kate Green, and his younger brother, Ryan Taylor on an undercover mission in a dinner event within Scarecrow’s Mansion. However, "The Mystery Man" (who debuted in The House of the Dead III) begins to unleash his own army of creatures upon the dinner guests, and soon the world.
- Chapter 0 : Scarecrow's Palace
- Chapter 1 : Kate and Ryan
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
<More information coming soon...>
Following a 12-year hiatus on the franchise, House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn was announced by SEGA Interactive on January 14, 2018. The game will run on Unreal Engine 4 within an enclosed "deluxe" cabinet, which will utilize vibrating seats and motion sensors. A preliminary location test will be held at the SEGA Akihabara Building 3 in Tokyo, Japan from January 19 to the 21st. SEGA released a promotional website as promotion featuring gameplay screenshots.
Civilians will return, along with the "Rescue Mechanic" from The House of the Dead III. Multiple weapons can be equipped, including shotguns and grenade launchers. In one of the two stages shown at the location test, the Chariot from the original House of the Dead returns as a boss. 
- House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn is the first House of the Dead" series to be released in the 2010s. The latest "House of the Dead" series before "Scarlet Dawn" is The House of the Dead: Overkill", in 2009.
- Excluding "Overkill", "House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn" is also the first canon installment in the franchise to released in 2010s, after "The House of the Dead 4", 13 years ago.
- Unlike past installments, which indicates Player 1 in Red and Player 2 in Blue, the color for Player 1 and Player 2 is switched.
- Curiously, this is the first game in the canon installment to not feature the "Type number" during the introduction of the bosses. This can be seen during "The Chariot" boss fight, during which his type number: "Type 0027" doesn't appear in the game. (This might be a creative choice of the director, or that it's type number will be seen during the "beta" version, since the footage shown is a "alpha" built.)
- For some reasons, the name of the game has dropped the "The" from "The House of the Dead" title.
- "House of the Dead: Scarlet Dawn" has similarities to "The House of the Dead 4":
- Both games featured a "veteran" character and a "rookie" character (James Taylor is the veteran and Kate Green is the rookie in 4, while Kate is the veteran and Ryan Taylor is the rookie in "Scarlet Dawn").
- Both games featured "the ground shaking" during the opening cutscene.
- Both games introduced the Player 2 character first (Kate Green in both 4 and "Scarlet Dawn").
- Both games featured a "glass scene"; zombies breaking through the glass during the opening chapter.
- ↑ http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/664/1664660/
- ↑ segabits.com/blog/2018/01/18/house-of-the-dead-scarlet-dawn-location-test-footage-hits-the-net-looks-amazing/</span> </li> <li id="cite_note-2">[[#cite_ref-2|↑]] <span class="reference-text">https://hod.sega.jp</span> </li> <li id="cite_note-3">[[#cite_ref-3|↑]] <span class="reference-text"> segabits.com/blog/2018/01/14/house-of-the-dead-scarlet-dawn-announced-for-arcades/</span> </li> <li id="cite_note-4">[[#cite_ref-4|↑]] <span class="reference-text">https://hod.sega.jp/</span> </li> <li id="cite_note-5">[[#cite_ref-5|↑]] <span class="reference-text"> https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1383719155067386&id=171238962982084</span> </li></ol>