Type-205, codenamed "Strength," (ストレングス) was a hulking, masked, chainsaw-wielding humanoid abomination created by Goldman as a suicidal gladiator to pit against AMS agents James and Gary. It served as the fourth boss in The House of the Dead 2. Prior to the boss fight, Strength had confronted and captured Amy Crystal and Harry Harris, severely injuring Harry in the process. When James and Gary reached the city's Coliseum, Goldman appeared on a large screen and mocked them both, then summoned Strength from within its cage. The creature was fought in a huge labyrinth concealed in the Coliseum itself, and its weak point was its head.
Strength began the battle by charging at the agents, attempting to tear them apart with its chainsaw. James and Gary were able to hurt the monstrosity by shooting its vulnerable head, and after a while, Strength started crashing through walls to try and surprise its opponents. As well as this, it would often climb up onto the labyrinth walls and leap down onto the agents. After some time, Strength kept its distance and hurled two massive axes which were stuck in its body (visible at the beginning of the fight, and at the end if Strength does not throw them), which had to be quickly shot down. Strength's movements became faster as it took damage, and it also started protecting its head by swinging its chainsaw around crazily before slashing.
After receiving one bullet too many, the undead giant finally collapsed and died permanently. James and Gary then returned to the cage from where Strength had emerged and were reunited with Amy and Harry. Harry then gave James (or Gary) the key to his car, located at point A0063 to confront Goldman.
Strength also appeared as one of the Emperor's attacks.
The beast is a massive walking humanoid monster weilding a giant chainsaw. It has a bag covering its head; it is unknown how the beast can sense his prey but it is possible it employs echolocation to detect enemies. Perhaps the reason that a bag covers his face and is its weakness is that his head is not as strong as its skin that acts as biological armor which could explain why he is not affected by the rubble he causes when smashing through walls. Its giant chainsaw deflects bullets, thereby preventing the agents from targeting its head.
He has twin axes strapped onto his shoulder and thigh which he uses to throw at the player(s) in an attempt to kill them.
Attack Pattern Edit
Strength's first attack pattern consists of chasing the player(s) in the labyrinth in one-by-one combat during the battle, the brute will eventually hide behind and demolish walls to try and surprise them. The second one has him climbing up the walls and leapng down at the player(s), and if they shoot his mask he will be stunned and fall over, then he will keep his distance and throw axes at them, repeating the pattern.
After Strength's health got depleted by two-thirds, he will swing his chainsaw around to protect his head before resuming his pattern. The mutagen that has been injected into him causes his movement speed to increase the more damage he sustains, making the battle increasingly more difficult until he eventually gets put out of his misery.
Strength makes a appearance in the intro.
Strength makes an appearance as the fourth boss in The Pinball of the Dead. Similar to its appearance in The House of the Dead 2, Strength wields a chainsaw. During the battle, Strength will wildly swing its chainsaw as it moves around the screen, blocking the player's attack. However, if Strength stands in the left corner, preventing the pinball from coming out, it will inevitably lose by just standing there and trying to kill you restare with his overkill runners form the coliseum essential a breaker scroll locks forces in the back lobby of Dangerous Roads form coliseum is all blocking attacks form the weakings Tryouts dashings traps of the one lost facilitys form bulging to rebuild on Goldman's plans
- Strength's design appears to bear some resemblance to the chainsaw-wielding serial killer Leatherface, from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre film franchise.
- According to series creator Takashi Oda during an interview from "The Website of the Dead", he considers Strength his favorite boss in the series.
- Axe blades are lodged in Strength's right shoulder and left thigh, which it can pull out and throw as a long-distance attack.
- Strength appeared in The House of the Dead III's Intro.
- The word BLAME can be seen written on one side of Strength's chainsaw. The same word can be seen on Max's dual chainsaws.
- Unless one regards its use as an attack by the Emperor, Strength is the only boss in The House of the Dead 2 that does not appear twice besides the Magician and the Emperor, who serve as end-of-game bosses.
- As Strength continues to be hit, its mask is slowly damaged, revealing a hideous face with bulging eyes and grey teeth.
- The House of the Dead 4 also features a chainsaw-wielding boss similar to Strength, known as the Empress.
- Strength bears some resemblance to the Brutus boss from Overkill.
- Strength can take a small amount of damage by hitting its legs, body, and hands. As a result these are not considered missed shots, and have a positive impact on the player's accuracy score.
- Much like Temperance, Strength's characteristics in the series are quite the opposite of his namesake tarot card. The tarot card Strength represents a young woman using her calm attitude to tame a lion, while the boss monster is a vicious masculine brute.