Type-8830, codenamed "Sun," (サン) is a boss in The House of the Dead III. The Sun is encountered in the Bio Lab level; depending on which path you take, this can be either stage 2, 3, or 4. It rises up like a tree and uses tentacles to attack. The attacking vine tentacles faced in the Bio Plant level may have been its own. The strange thing about this boss is that it contains 3 weak points: one being the "tentacles" or vines that it uses to attack you, the second being a strange ring of human faces that go all the way around the plant, and the third which only appears halfway through the battle. It opens up giant petals that are above the ring of human faces, and in each flower is a strange snake-like or worm-like protrusion. It is large, has slimy red flesh, squinting eyes, and has spike-like teeth. One form of this protrusion's attack is to directly come out and spit its seeds at close-range with the player. Another form is to spit out a barrage of sharp objects similar to large dandelion seeds into the air above the player. These must be shot to avoid taking damage. The most damage is done when the large protrusion is shot directly. Once defeated, the Sun will collapse into a pile of petals and branches, and the agents will be able to continue their mission.
The Sun might have been the ultimate freak of nature as to it is composed of three elements: Human, Animal and Plant. Plant Life being the main concept of the beast, it must have been a tree mutated with other plants. The Serpentine creature that comes out must have been a mutated snake or parasite that fed on the tree but now has bonded with it. The human heads suggest that it needed human flesh to gather the genes of living and moving organisms. In its petals, dangerous vines and thorns move. This could explain why the heads of both human and serpent are the creature's weak points.
Help on Killing it:Edit
ROUND 1: Shoot the faces to inflict 1 bit of damage. Then it will try to attack with its vines. It may come in a chasing formation, leading you to retreat while attacking or move in a confusing motion while you remain still. Shoot the flowers to halt the offence.
ROUND 2: The attack not used in the first will be done. Again, shoot the flower ends to stop the attack.
ROUND 3: He will use his whips and go underground, shoot the glowing marks to get rid of damage. If not, they will shoot up and lash out at you. It may go in a snaking formation, or swirling before attacking. You will have to deal with both vines one by one before it stops.
ROUND 4: Same as before, except they will come both at the same time, making it more challenging.
ROUND 5: Petals open, the creature will either come out and spit out spiked seeds in front of you or away from you. More health is lost when it spits seeds but it is very hard to prevent it from spitting by killing it. When it comes out for a spit, it will take a full 2 magazine rounds to stop it.
When it has been defeated, Sun will collapse into a heap of plant growth.
Lisa: I never was any good at gardening...
- Sun is very similar to Resident Evil's Plant 42.
- The Sun is so far the only boss in the series that is stationary.
- It's likely that Sun is named so because not only does it give life and energy to the inhabitants of the Bio Plant, but G and Lisa move around the monster in a circular path, as a planet would orbit its sun.
- The Sun is the only level-specific boss in the series to be fought midway through the level, as opposed to at the end.
- Sun is related to the Goldman's plan that to protect nature and Dr. Roy Curien created this bio plant to be the cause for humans and plants to sustain.
- The Sun may be only boss who attacks players throughout the whole stage, as the offensive tentacle vines may have been its own given the massive growth of the plant which could have taken over the whole sector.