The Timeline of The House of the Dead spans 28 years, chronologicaly beginning with The House of the Dead: Overkill, and ending with The House of the Dead III.
- During the height of the Cold War, a group of military scientists conducted a top secret project to develop, Formula X, an experimental compound created for the sole purpose to turn normal humans into super soldiers through genetic alteration. Instead of turning them into super soldiers, the test subjects were transformed into cannibalistic mutants, thus deemed the project a failure. With collaboration between the CIA and the AMS, the remaining samples of the formula were locked away within an abandoned military bunker.
- G is born.
- James Taylor is born.
- February 9th - Thomas Rogan is born.
- July 21st - Sophie Richards is born.
- Amy Crystal is born.
- Gary Stewart is born.
1980s - 1990sEdit
- Warden Clement Darling discovered the hidden military bunker that stored the Formula X samples underneath his prison located in Bayou City. Through local kingpin Papa Caesar and "powerful friends", Clement conducted inhuman experiments to further refine the formula and use it's life sustaining properties to cure his dying mother.
- Kate Green is born.
Late 1980s (?)Edit
- After a series of disappearances in Bayou City, the AMS dispatched newly-appointed Special Agent G to investigate Caesar who is believed to be related to the disappearances, only to find the entire county had been turned into ravenous mutants. Acquainted with local Detective Isaac Washington and stripper Varla Guns, they fought through numerous mutations that have been unleashed upon the county in their hunt for Caesar. They eventually reached Clement's prison, where the demented prison warden had Varla held captive for his mother's surgery and Caesar executed. Though they were too late to save Varla, G and Washington manage defeat Clement's mutated mother and put a stop to the outbreak.
- However, a tape recording belong to Caesar's revealed that Clement's associates are in possession of Formula X samples and urges Washington to warn the right people before its too late.
- Renowned biochemist, Dr. Roy Curien, began to conduct a series of experiments to remove the barrier between life and death in hopes of curing his terminally ill son, Daniel. His research caught the attention of financial figure, Caleb Goldman, who provided the doctor with financial backings and all necessary materials to complete his work, including a proxy research corporation, DBR Corporation, to cover Curien's research. Through his research, Curien was able to reanimate the dead and created dozens of zombies as well as several unique mutations. Due to the inhumane nature of the project, most if not all of DBR Corp's researchers began to abandon Curien and the doctor himself was eventually driven to the brink of madness.
1998 - The House of the DeadEdit
- The DBR Corporation have reported a number research personnel going missing in the DBR genetic engineering center, though the disappearances were not made public due to the nature of the facility's research.
- The AMS dispatched a special team of operatives to investigate the Curien Mansion due to Dr. Curien's suspicious activities. At the same time, Dr. Curien unleashed his experiments upon his own mansion where they began to roam and kill off his own researchers. The AMS team was wiped out, prompting one of the surviving researchers, Sophie Richards, to call her fiancé, Thomas Rogan, for help.
- The AMS sent Special Agents Thomas Rogan and G to investigate the Curien Mansion and the status of the survivors. The two agents manage to rescue numerous survivors, including Sophie and defeat Dr. Curien's monstrous experiments. Dr. Curien himself was killed by his masterpiece, the Magician. The incident would forever haunt the world and be infamously referred as the Curien Mansion Incident or the 1998 Curien Case.
- Goldman paid a visit to Dr. Curien's mansion, taking the deceased doctor's research for his own agenda.
- Sophie marries her fiancé, Thomas Rogan.
- Lisa Rogan is born.
2000 - The House of the Dead 2Edit
- Strange occurrences were reported to be taking place in the city of Venice, Italy, the last known location of AMS agent G, who has gone missing. Special Agents James Taylor and Gary Stewart were dispatched, along with Amy Crystal and Harry Harris, to investigate. The agents discovered that the entire city have been overtaken by hordes of the undead unleashed by Goldman. The agents found G alive but wounded, the wounded G then proceeded to give them a field journal detailing the bosses weak points. The agents eventually learn that Goldman was the true mastermind behind the 1998 Curien Case and the current turmoil they are facing. The agents fought hard against the undead creatures and struggle to evacuate the city's remaining populace. The agents received a phone call from Goldman himself who invites them to meet him at the Colosseum. Sensing that it might be a trap, the four agents split up into two teams. James and Gary managed to defeat the Tower, while Amy and Harry were captured by Strength. Losing contact with their allies, the two headed to the Colosseum only to be taunted by Goldman, who proceeded to reveal a cage containing Amy, a wounded Harry and Strength who upon release chased James and Gary throughout the Roman Colosseum. After killing it, James and Gary spoke with their fellow agents, who gave them their car keys and the coordinates to the Goldman Building. Once they have arrived, the agents manage to defeat the newly resurrected Magician and proceeded to enter the building where they finally confront Goldman in his office. After voicing his dissatisfaction with the human race, Goldman unleashes his own creation, the Emperor, onto the agents. The Emperor was defeated and Goldman commits suicide by jumping off his own building.
- Daniel Curien along with the incomplete Wheel of Fate were transported to the EFI Research Facility.
- A number of world governments called upon AMS to deal with their "bizarre" incidents. AMS soon became overwhelmed by the amount of undead outbreaks happening simultaneously all over the world. When the international community learned that AMS is unable to contain these new undead outbreaks, a worldwide panic occurs throughout the globe.
The House of the Dead 4Edit
3 years after The Goldman incident, AMS agent James Taylor and rookie agent Kate Green are gathering intelligence at the fifth floor basement of the AMS European branch office. James still has the events of the 2000 "Goldman Case" on his mind, and believes that the ordeal has not yet ended. A sudden earthquake rocks the room while they talk, collapsing the building and leaving the agents trapped.
Several days later, as the two await a rescue team, James' PDA goes off, and a group of undead are seen on the security cameras. Realizing that they are in danger, James has Kate gather all the weaponry they can find to defend themselves. Soon after, the two travel through the sewers to reach an AMS information room located in an area under construction, where they uncover a plot to fire nuclear missiles worldwide within 24 hours' time, facing the four armed giant zombie Justice and a pair of mutant tarantulas known as The Lovers along the way. Taking the subway into zombie-infested streets from an underground shopping district, the agents narrowly avoid attacks by The Empress, a double-ended chainsaw-wielding assassin, and the massive, obese, and nearly impervious Temperance.
James and Kate then learn that the late one-time CEO of the now-defunct DBR Corporation, Goldman, is responsible for the resurgence of undead. Upon reaching the surface, they find the city completely obliterated. Goldman sends them a PDA message indicating that the launch will occur in one hour. The agents reach the abandoned Goldman Building but upon entering the main foyer, a levitating humanoid named The Star, prevents their advance. After the Star is defeated, the duo continue onward. Ultimately, they arrive in time to halt Goldman's plans, though it is revealed that his true intention is to revert humankind to its original state in order to prevent them from harming the planet further. As such, his final legacy, The World, an insect-like humanoid with powers over ice, is released in the opening of "Pandora's Box" to fulfill its role as the successor to his original Emperor project in 2000, having developed underground since his death. As the AMS agents fight it, the World continuously evolves to become larger and more powerful. Even after The World's second defeat, the beast continues to evolve. Realizing that they cannot defeat it, James sets his PDA to self-destruct as a last resort and, after telling Kate not to give up hope, sacrifices himself to destroy the World in the ensuing explosion.
Caleb Goldman takes his defeat with his trademark calm and serenity, citing that hope is indeed "a splendid thing".
Meanwhile, somewhere away from danger, a mysterious man express disappointment towards Goldman, citing that humans don't need hope, and that "the true end" shall begin.
The House of the Dead 4 SpecialEdit
Shortly after James' sacrifice, Kate Green is left to wander aimlessly, until she ran into veteran AMS Agent G, who asks Kate to help him fight the hoard back "at the source". The two travel to an underground parking lot of an mysterious facility, where they face of an resurrected Justice. After defeating Justice the second time, they explore the facility within.
The source is eventually revealed to be Curien's masterpiece, The Magician, resurrected for the third time. The AMS agents fight him, but The Magician has one more trick up his sleeve: unleash multiple clones of himself through the opening of a second Pandora's Box. Knowing this, the AMS agents throws a grenade on the box, hurting The Magician, who would later rant that nothing can erase his pain, before exploding once more. The two agent are then leave, and marks the beginning of the fight against the undead.
2006 - The House of the Dead: Scarlet DawnEdit
Three years after James Taylor's heroic sacrifice, his former partner, Kate Green, joins forces with James' younger brother, Ryan Taylor, on an undercover mission in a dinner event within Scarecrow’s Mansion, until "The Mystery Man" unleashes his own army of creatures upon the dinner guests, and soon the world.
2007 - 2019Edit
The world is now overrun by monsters and zombies, who defeated entire armies and destroyed cities. Several countries launched their nuclear arsenals on their own cities as a last ditch effort to contain the undead but it did little to stop the ever growing undead hordes.
In the midst of this, the long-suffering AMS finally disbanded due to their failures in containing these outbreaks
The human race was facing almost certain extinction.
At some point of time. Thomas Rogan, a former AMS Agent formed a commando in order to solve the crisis.
Twenty one years after the initial zombie outbreak of the Curien Mansion, the zombie infestation has spread all over the world, reducing the world into desolation with the civilization collapsing.
Retired AMS agent Thomas Rogan, leads a commando to investigate Curien's EFI Facility Center, but after his entire team is killed, contact with him is lost.
Two weeks later, Thomas's daughter, Lisa, decides to explore the facility to find him, accompanied by Rogan's old partner, G.
While navigating through the facility, they have to fend off against hordes of undead creatures, including gigantic mutant who serves as the facility's security guard, Death; a sloth, The Fool; and a mutated tendril-plant, The Sun. Along the way, Lisa muses to G how she has to live in the shadows of her well-known father and that she is often the subject of his comparison.
Flashbacks reveal Curien's motivation in his obsession of studying matters of life and death that resulted in him triggering the Curien Mansion's outbreak back in 1998; he was desperate in searching for a cure to treat his son, Daniel, who is suffering from a terminal illness. His increasingly unethical methods led him to believe he would be able to change the world for a better future by developing the mutation.
Eventually, Lisa and G reunite with Rogan, who is under care of Daniel, the latter lamenting his father's experiments that destroyed the world. Daniel reveals that after his father's murder by The Magician, his body underwent a resurrection process. Daniel and Lisa confront and destroy Curien's newly resurrected cyborg-like body with electrokinetic abilities, known as the The Wheel of Fate.
Daniel, G, Lisa, and Rogan leaves the facility, with Daniel stating that he will not let his father's efforts go waste. Meanwhile, a mysterious man in a business suit picking one of Curien's vial, muttering that Curien did not understand its true purpose.